Tuesday, August 7, 2007

The River Wild... Jackson Hole















This past weekend Duke and I had the opportunity to go river rafting! It was amazing! Our good friend Kent Jackson was our river guide (see above photo of him looking oh so happy at dinner the last night) and we have him to thank for this outstanding trip! Of course, my best friend Kim was with us too, which made it even better! The first day the river was great and we hit Kahuna (the big one in the picture) with a vengeance. It is like the black hole of rivers and then WHAM, another wave hits you as you come out of the hole. We rafted twice on Friday and then Saturday we got to go another 2 times. The river on the second day was choppier and even more amazing! Kahuna was bigger and DANG... what a ride! We had an amazing time and we couldn't have gone without the help of Bama and Papa watching Isaak. So, big shout out to my parents for helping us out! Thanks to our good friends for letting us come along... My BFF Kim Knighton, Ben & Jen Spencer, Kent Jackson (Captain Focker Bone't), Tray (Thanks for letting me take your spot on the river), Jeter and Cassie (AKA Casper and his new wife), Chris, Neiko and Boston, Morgan (hope your foot feels better) , Dean & Sarah (The silver dollar man and my water shoe friend!)


2 comments:

pam said...

Oh. My. Gosh. I can't believe I don't have a Snake River post on my blog yet. Isn't it THE BEST???!!! I'm so glad you and Duke got to go! It sounds like you had TONS of fun and hit Kahuna perfectly. I have no doubt though, with Kent as your guide! We were there 2 weekends ago. SO FUN! Shawn and I hope to go again soon. I always tell Shawn that if I ever go crazy or into a deep depression or something that all he has to do is bring me back to Jackson and put me on the river. Then I will be back to normal! It is like home to us!!!

Jessica Jo said...

That is so awesome, I totally want to go! Great pics! I love your family pictures too. i miss you!