Monday, December 17, 2007

Tag team back again.. check it wreck it, let's begin..

First and foremost I would like to thank my fellow Ricks College alum and BFF Jessica Jo Hatch Stoner for tagging me. I apologize in advance for any weird feelings you may feel about me after this... but, too late, you all love me too much, I know.

5 Interesting/Quirky things about me...

I love Christmas time. Not because of the usual things (i.e. tree, gifts, blah blah) but because I get the chance to use Scotch Tape. I love it. I love to smell it and even after I put it on the presents, I smell the presents. Oh, also, I have tried to find the love for the imposter "clear tapes" and no one smells like my good friend Scotch.

After several years of Anti-Asian cuisine, I love Sushi! Now, I haven't forgotten my Fear Factor experience with chewing, chewing and chewing and then chucking up the first Sushi roll I had but, now I love it. I still shy away from most chinese gourmet's and fast food asian places (i.e. Panda Express, etc).. but for some reason Sushi is the bomb! If anyone wants good Sushi, Takashi in the big SLC is fantastic!

Ok, so I talk in my sleep and have weird sleeping mannerisms. Not mumble incomprehensively, I mean I talk. A few of the classics are, "The wood is brown" and "IHC Access, this is Jennifer, how many I help you?". My personal favorite was the time I tried to scan my parents dog through the grocery scanner. I couldn't figure out where the barcode was and I knew it wasn't a produce item. I was really into my job at Harmons, my neighborhood grocer. Can you tell? Ok, so not only do I have weird things, but my hubby does too. Duke sings Tongan hymns, smacks me in the face, and speaks his native language of the Islands all the time. We are a match made in heaven!


Does anyone remember the time that Dylan and Brenda thought they were going to be parents? Or the time that Kelly met Color Me Badd at that hotel? What about Brandon and Emily Valentine? What happened to good tv trash? Beverly Hills 90210 is and always will be one of my fave shows. Sometimes FX splurges and shows us some re-runs. Ah.. what a sweet treat.


And finally... I have this uncanny ability to remember people's names. I can't always remember where I know them from, but at 3 a.m. it always comes to me. Like, last Sunday, we had a member of the High Council speak. I remembered his name and remembered that he was on the track team at Ricks College over 10 years ago! (Jess, do you remember Bill's roommate Clint Udy??). Talk about random, but I felt a sense of pride for remembering something. I think it was all the Omega-3's from the tuna casserole that Gina made for us.


And that is it my friends.. You are still my friends right????

I tag Corky, West Glen Jen and Sara!

4 comments:

rccastleberryfamily said...

I definitely remember the "IHC Access, this is Jennifer, how can I help you!!!!!" Except I got to hear it in real life! Girl, what's up? It's Carrie, your old IHC Access friend! I just got your Christmas card, so cute! You are always so good at doing those, I need major help. I don't think I'll get any out this year, despite good intentions. I was excited to see you had a blog, I love it! Isaak is so cute and big!
Just wanted to drop you a note!

Tukuafu's said...

CARRIE!!!! It was fabulous to hear from you.. I am glad you got the card!! Yep, you did hear IHC Access in person. Nothing like the crazy days!! Ah, Colleen.

Your blog is so cute, you have the most beautiful kids EVER!

Thanks for keeping in touch :)

Jessica Jo said...

Um, that was great! I smelled Scotch tape so I could understand, and I have to say it does have a pleasant, distinct smell! And I BARELY remember Clint, and it is SO impressive that you remember his whole name! But somehow you didn't remember my little sisters name the first time you met her ;)

Spencer family said...

That was fun to read. Your so funny about the sleeping. One time I went with Shanna, Anice and Gina to Cal. I was sleeping with Shanna and in the middle of the night I kind of woke up and told Shanna (thinking she was Mark) that I loved her. Nothing more fun then getting fresh with you sister-in-law!