Thursday, May 15, 2008

D-Day

I went in for my Dr's appointment yesterday and everything checks out fine. He wants to start me back on steroids for the nausea/vomiting that is still going on. In case many of you don't know about steroids (I think Catherine is the only one that can feel my pain).. you grown man hair. I am not talking about a sprig here and there, real, thick, black man hair and on the face. Water retention is a problem and last time I was on them, some girl asked me why my face was so fat. (don't worry, I responded by saying she looked like she put on some pounds too). Then, there's the high blood pressure, heart palpatations, and just generally crappiness. It did help with the throwing up, but are the side effects worth it??? No way in my opinion. So, from here on out (13 weeks and counting), I will just suck it up.






Good news though, I am set to deliver by C section on August 12th. The countdown begins.. I am getting started on my paper chain today!

7 comments:

Crystal said...

That's my birthday. Your daughter will be so lucky to share a birthday with someone as cool as me. Good luck with the sickness. I agree with you on the side effects, though. That's yucky!!

Kim said...

I'm glad things went well at the Doc. I hope the next 13 weeks goes fast!

Jenn said...

I'm sorry, Jenn. I love you.

Natalie J said...

If our children could really understand what we go through to bring them here! It sucks that to fix one problem, 7 others need to be introduced. Oh, and I completely understand the man hair. I got it from my mom though, not my pregnancys. It comes in black, even though I am blond.

Jessica Jo said...

Oh Jenn, you are amazing! I hope that August 12th gets here soon!!! I can't wait to see her, and I'm glad things are going well!

Heather said...

you are a trooper! This little girl is so lucky to have such a strong amazing Mommy! Take care and hope Aug.12th comes quick for you!

pam said...

JENN! I don't know how you do it. I thought my heartburn was something to complain about. My goodness. You're amazing!