* Where do I begin? It seems like yesterday me, Mom and Kristy camped out at Smith's on 40th West. We were first in line. We didn't get the best seats, but I could have sworn they saw the sign we worked hard on. So, since 6th grade was so long ago, let me bring you back to the present.
The concert was wow. Seriously, WOWZA! I paid 90 bones for the ticket (I know, you are probably thinking it was too much).. but it was well worth every penny!
We started out the night by heading over to Training Table. Apparently it was where all the fans wanted to have dinner. We, along with several other 30ish ladies packed ourselves like sardines in there and enjoyed the deliciousness of cheese fries and ultimate dipping sauce. I couldn't even finish my coke (I know, I am a light weight) because I was so EXCITED!
The show started with Lady GaGa. I now lovingly call her "lady cookoo catchoo". She has some nice beats but always has her hand over her eye (as I have demonstrated below and it sorta creeps me out) and clearly picked her melvy (the word makes me cringe) in front of all of us. Nappola.
Secondly, Natasha Bedingfield took the stage. She is very pretty and though I don't have a girl crush on her, she put on a good show. Also, I have to give her snaps for her keen fashion sense- she was wearing some yellow/white wedge shoes that I MUST HAVE!
Though the opening acts were exciting.. Kristy and I saved our much needed energy for the New Men on the Block. Brace yourselves for some sweet pics.. I have borrowed some from Camie (thanks!) since I can't take pictures and jump/dance during the concert (as you can see by the blurry photos). See the next post for the pictures. I'll give you a top 10 list at the bottom!!
The Partay girls at Training Table!

Me & The New Kids.. mmmm...

Lady GaGa Camie & I (aka Lady GaGa)

And finally.. the top 10 list:
10. Camie can take way better pictures than I, so props to my homey for letting me borrow pictures for my slideshow!
9. People watching. Really, I didn't think it would be that entertaining- boy was I wrong.
8. The girl that had way too many brewskies and kept going up and down the stairs in her heels. When NKOTB walked in front of the row below us, she came booking down the stairs and bit it. It was freaking hilarious.
7. The excellent seats we enjoyed. It was like watching something in HD, only better.
6. Seeing David Archuletta. While I am not a huge fan, a girl sitting in front of us spotted him in the crowd. Poor guy was mobbed by screaming fans and had to be escorted to a "caged" secure area. He really is a cute little guy. After I saw him on Ellen the other day, I like him better.
5. Finding out that my good friend Katie and her friend Michelle were given a water bottle from Donnie. Yes, that's right. DNA, Saliva and ALL! Lucky!
4. Spending an evening with my best girls!
3. Realizing how old we were. Halfway into the show our feet hurt and it was freaking hot in there. The sacrifice of true fans.
2. Jon waving at me. Seriously, he did. We sat in the dudley section (everyone was sitting looking like zombies), so strategically wearing a white shirt, I ducked down and waved and waved until he saw me and then he pointed and waved. I knew we were meant to be.
1. And finally.. spending an entire evening with the New Kids on the Block, my best friend Kristy, Camie and Jen and feeling butterflies and having sore face muscles from smiling the whole night. It was the best!
Jenn + Jon, Camie + Jordan, Kristy + Danny===== TLA

2 comments:
I LOVE IT! It sounds like you had the time of your life!
I am completely jealous! I am a little disappointed you did not wear your hair in a side pony tail, and where is your florescent shirt, with the knot it the side? I thought it was a throwback concert.
Post a Comment