First and foremost, I should give the disclaimer that I am sleep deprived. So, this post may seem a little discombobbulated. Actually, that isn't a word and should vouch for my mental state. Anyhoo, we went to the midnight showing of Twilight. Sorry, the 12:05 AM showing of twilight.
This is how the night rolled out..
We started the night at The Counter. Build your own burger bonanza. Snaps on the whole wheat bun and "fresh, never frozen patties". It took so long to make our burgers, I thought maybe the cow was being "put down" in the back. Anyway, we ate ourselves silly and then proceeded to take pictures of our shirts..

Sonja & Natalie

The crew- Me, Sonja, Mom, Kristy and Camie

My girls (Sum & Cam)
I should note that Kristy & I made our shirts. This is what they said- aren't we clever?
Mine- "Give Blood, Date a Cullen"
Kristy- "Yes, I'm a Mom", "Yes, I've read Twilight", "Yes, I love Edward" (don't tell my husband)
Mom- "Bite me (Edward. Please.)
Cam- "Edward prefers brunettes"
Sonja- "Edward's baby mama" (don't be mad Nick!)
We had a blast at the movie. Camie's genius idea to get caramel apples from the Rocky Mtn Choc Factory and sneak them into the movie, was seriously the best idea! Considering it was so late and we are gettin a little on the old side.. we laughed, peed (it's ok Nat), coughed (again, it's ok Nat) and were giddy at times for the show to start.
For those of you who have read Twilight- you need to go into the movie, not thinking about the book. I think that is the trick. Robert Pattinson isn't "my" Edward. So, I was a little apprehensive, but by the end, homeboy was working it for me. Dang, he is cute. The movie followed the book pretty good and all in all, I give it 4 stars. The cast was really well done (except Jasper looked constipated the whole time) and I look forward to the sequels.
So, there you have it. We were those crazies watching a movie about teenage vampires. Oh, and ladies, EDWARD can DAzZle me anytime! Bomchickabownow!


6 comments:
Ok, thanks for letting the world wide web know that I pee when I cough...oh wait, I am the one that told you guys. My bad ;)
I don't think you were discombobulated at all!! Fabulous! Just Fabulous!
I hit the midnight showing and then was back again the next night. I loved it too. I totally agree, you had to separate the book from the movie, it was very close just some little inconsistencies. I wasn't sure about Robert as Edward either, but by the end I was in love. Glad you were able to go and have fun with family and friends. Does your husband think you are as crazy as mine thinks I am.
Jen, you are the best! I love the shirts and the enthusiasm! I 100% agree with your take on the movie, to not go in thinking it's the book. And, I agree Edward was way better than I thought he'd be. Ken says "Go UTES" :)
And I agree with the Jasper comment! What was up with that guy? Crazy eyes. At least Eddie made up for that guy.
I love the Twilight T shirts. I finally saw it and am still debating whether I liked it or not. But I also HATED Jasper. weirdo. You are hilarious!!!!
Post a Comment