Baby Sister is almost 6 months old. So, we thought it was due time to start "real" food. During the superbowl, Lady Ga Ga (my homemaker sis) & I made baby food. That's right, made it! We ground the oatmeal, baked & processed sweet potatoes & acorn squash. We boiled the oatmeal and put it into lil' containers. The potata's and squash, we put into silicone ice cube trays to freeze. The process went rather well and who doesn't want to save some dough, right? Anyway, last night we were doing our taxes, and everyone in world must have tried to theirs too, because TurboTax crashed. So, while we were waiting for the system to "reconfigure" we thought it would be an opportune time to feed baby sis. So, we warmed up the oatmeal, mixed it with some Kirkland formula and this is how it went..
She is thinking, ok, I am in a new chair.. whatever. Oh, and this bib tastes good.
Never had a spoon in my mouth, but it can't hurt, right?
What the crap was that?
Oh, it's worse than I thought..
Swallow.. swallow.. breath through your nose..
Ok, after the gagging stopped, it wasn't so bad.
And we're good!
It was a hilarious experience! As you can see, the oatmeal didn't do it for her. I can't say I blame her, I tried it and it tasted like $*@** .. So, onto the potata's and squash!
6 comments:
That's hilarious! Glad you captured each face. It's priceless. Don't you wish they would just get it and love it??? I did the same thing and made baby food this time around. It worked out really well and saved a tone of dinero! Good luck with the solids!
Those are some of the cutest pics!! EVER! She's such a sweetie!
Lady Ga Ga huh? I don't even dress like her! But it is pretty funny! Give her a few tries, she'll like it!
She is so cute. The pictures are hilarious. YOU are hilarious. Love it.
That was the funniest thing ever!!! I loved reading it! You great some GREAT shots of that whole experience! Love it!!!!!
Funny! Don't you love our first encounter with solids and then we get older and for me like food to much. Hold on sister there are better foods to come!
Post a Comment