Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Gag me with a VentilaTor...

I will warn you now.. I am in a bad mood. tired, delirious, hungry, sick of seeing the same stupid chairs in the waiting room. Glad Mom & Levi are here though..

Here's my update:

Dad is doing about the same. For the last 6 days we have camped out in the waiting room of the Critical Care Unit up here at the University Hospital. We try to get here early enough in the morning to see the Dr's when they do rounds. Yesterday was an ok day. Dad had his eyes open and when he sees us he starts crying. It's good but then he gags and chokes on the vent tubes. He has more movement in his legs and arms and can squeeze hands. it's good.. but the Dr didn't think it was good enough.

We are frustrated that we don't have answers. So, here we sit. Frustrated, tired, hungry (did I already say all of this??)... reaching the breaking point.

We have bonded and practically adopted 2 of Dad's nurses.. Tiffany- such a sweet girl and a smart one! And then there is Aaron.. fellow Ricks College Alum.. amazing guy.. sensitive, knowledgable.. fantastic humor.. we just love that guy. He is currently on vacation in North Carolina..so today is day 1 without him. I don't like it.

Sorry for my negativity.. I feel like I was stronger before and now I am just wearing down, down and further down.

The MRI was done last night and we are just waiting. The preliminary said something about epileptic seizures (which we already knew).. but turned out just fine. No brain damage.

Here are some miracles we have seen (I am done being negative for now...)

* A Sherriff deputy was just sitting in the parking lot of doughnut falls when he saw my Dad stumbling around. What are the chances that he was just "there" doing paperwork??

* The nurse visiting from Colorado knew something was wrong and saved my Dad's life. Again, middle of the week..what are the chances someone was hiking in Doughnut Falls and stopped to help someone she knew wasn't well.

* The same deputy (above mentioned) was then called again to the scene the next day (Wed) and recognized my Dad.. if he hadn't- we wouldn't know he was even here.


Miracles do happen. I believe it. I just feel selfish for wanting it now. I am not a patient person and maybe Heavenly Father is testing me for that.. I think I am failing.

I'm off to the nappy cafeteria to try to eat something other than twinkies.

Thank you for all of your notes, cards, meals and thoughts and prayers.. I love you all and you were all put into my life for a reason.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh Jen, that sounds rough. I'm so glad you've got your family there with you and you're all together. We are praying for you guys.

Trudie said...

Leave it to my Jen to just tell it like it is!! Hang in there sweetie. Maybe tomorrow I can be off dog sitting duty and come up there.