Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Hi. I'd like to get off this Ride pleAse..

Day 13. tomorrow will be 2 weeks to the day.

Here's what we have been doing:

crying... Sobbing.. Eating... throwing up (sorry for the visual).. praying... reading magazines..watching movies.. people watching .. interpreting vent...

So, you know hospitals are germy yucko right? Well.. it wouldn't be a trial if somethin else didn't happen.. the kids picked up impetigo. Bacterial infection of the skin. Pustules and sores on their feet, hands and in their mouths. So, Sunday morn.. I took Spidey to Kids-scare. They prescribed some ointment.. sent us on our way.

Doom time came soon thereafter. Around noon I got a call from my hysterical- sobbing mommy dearest. Apparently, when the docs came in to see my Dad, he told them he was having a hard time breathing again (he was ex tubated - vent out the day before).. so, they made the decision to put the sucka back in. Once they administered the anesthesia.. he went into Cardiac Arrest. Yep, the big kahuna. The docs jumped on and started chest compressions. they brought him back and stabilized him. Worst feeling ever. This is the 3rd time in 2 weeks he almost left us.

They started "medical induced hypothermia".. Dad was stripped down.. sprayed with spray bottles.. fanned, ice packed.. and set at 32 degrees celcius. This is done to preserve the brain tissue and heart tissue after a cardiac event.

He woke up yesterday.. just fine and dandy. Still pretty sedated and back on the ventilator.

to say this has been a rollercoaster ride is being nice. I imagine it more like riding on the collosus without safety restraints.

Found out something about Tiffany. Come to find out.. her Dad died in the same unit 2 years ago.. she keeps taking on my Dad because she wants this story to end happy. So, to Tiffany, Reagan, Aaron, Danielle & Dave.. we love you. You are miracle workers and we couldn't do this without you!

We are still trying to track down our Colorado nurse angel.. we need her to know we love her and she is amazing.. This might be an Oprah special.. you never know.

Today Dad is having a Trans esophageal Echocardiogram.. they are checking to see if his heart is infected. Also, he'll be gracing the CT scan peeps with his white legs.. he has blood clots..so they are checking on the size of those bad boys..

We have seen so many miracles. Met so many special people. Had delish meals..

So.. my goal and lesson to be learned is this.. PAY it FORWARD.. people are in our lives for a reason.. Heavenly Father has complete control.. we need to keep the faith and my family is the best family in the universe. Without my peeps we wouldn't be sane. Wait, we aren't sane. Ok, so we wouldn't be as sane.

Thanks for all of your prayers and love. It's worth more than you know.

2 comments:

Nick, Sonja, Andrew, Madelyn, and Luke said...

Holy cow Jenn! I can't believe how things are going. I hope things start going better and that your dad stays in a stable condition for good! I hope the kids are okay, let me know if you need me to take them more than just Thursday, k?

Nickie said...

Oh my gosh sweety, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I know exactly what you are going through. I will pray for your sweet papa, it sounds like it's been just awful, I hope things start to come back up again. I'll be thinking about you. You sweet woman, if you need anything, or just to talk please let me know, e-mail me and I can give you my digits.
I love you! Hang in there!