Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Race, Dirt and some Mallows..

I did it. West Fest 5 K. Christmas Miracle. Gina, me, Cork and Mom. Hailey wouldn't let me sit in the stroller.. meany!




I finished in like 53 minutes.. the winner finished in 15. Showoff.

One of my favorite people (and Co-worker) birthed a couple'a boys.. Andrew and Brandon.. Can you imagine twins? Well, Jessica can anyway.






Our first camping trip was held this past weekend.. I may or may not have cussed like a sailor. Apparently Sister is a princess. Camping is not her thing, oh no, no, no. She didn't sleep a wink, cried or whined nearly the whole time.. but this guy loved it:










The dutch oven was a MUST!





Um, Hailey's outfit she picked out. Hot, white hot.



Spidey was dancing.. the glow sticks were a hit!





I swear this was the only time she smiled..






Officer- lighting some mallows








No idea what Hailey thought was so funny.. maybe her dirty face?


Linds having a dance party with the girls..


Superman.. "can you tell me where the weight room is?"


Officer Fife- One of the fam now..








Kristy may or may not have been trying to cut wood and then hit her head.. the blackout was only momentary..







Me & Spidey messing around..

I managed to forget to take pictures of Mom, Dad and Gina.. Our honorary babysitters.

The trip was fun.. with the exception of the no sleep, freezing nights and the many, many falls the girls took. Cork was a champ and planned the whole thing!

J Lo's Top 10 :

10. Corky and myself thinking it would be a good idea to gather wood.. those men-folk make it look so easy.

9. The biggest marshmallows I have ever seen- they were huge! ("that's what she said")

8. S'more's, S'more's and More S'more's. I have decided those will be served in heaven. Once I repent for the cussing (as afore mentioned).. I may end up there..

7. Spidey and his love affair with his shovel. it looked like a gopher went through camp.

6. No one caught a fish- however, Spidey caught a crawdad.

5. Buying a 5$ bottle of mayo at the marina- it was the one thing we forgot.

4. Sunflower seeds. Oh, and the canker that came with them.

3. Memories.

2. Everything tasting better up there.

1. Lots of family time. No place I'd rather be.

5 comments:

Banham Luck! said...

Officers and trees, sounds like an annual camping trip for your family, was Ben doing the chopping this time? LOL Glad you guys are enjoying the weather together!

Lindsay said...

I thought about doing that race....props to you for your follow through! Very nice!

Poor miss pretty. Poor sailor Jen.

Looks like a very fun trip! Made me giggle!

p.s. my son will not stop asking about your son. He's pretty much obsessed.

Joey and Nettifer said...

You are having a fun summer! Good job on the race! I am so proud of you!
JEalous you have gone camping. I miss it. I am just so nervous to take my little one thinking she will only sit there and eat dirt!

KaufusiFamily said...

Way to go on the 5K! I can't believe Hailey didn't want to share the stroller. hahaha!

Looks like you had fun camping. I would have been cursing like a sailor as well - that pretty much sums up my love for camping. I'm with Princess on this one. I am always the one whining and crying when we go. hahahah. Hence the reason we only go once a year. I think Jason thinks that I will forget about how traumatic it all is in the 360 days inbetween. hahaha!

Hope all is well! I'm still lovin' your blog. I always get a good ab workout from laughing so hard.

Heather said...

Fun summer! Good job on the 5k :)