Monday, May 12, 2008

Oh, yep, he's ours...

Let me preface the photos you'll see below, by telling you all how accident prone D and I were when we were little. Duke managed to grow out of it, but I have been known to take a tumble or two still. In true DNA fashion, our son has picked up this characteristic. I had many injuries as a child such as: enough stitches to fashion a nice, large quilt. Broke my arm, finger, ankle. Burned my leg (enough to charr off the skin) and have scars from various burns on all of my extremities (not discounting the classic curling iron burn on my forehead). As for D, he once fell from a mango tree in his native land of Tonga. Soon after they moved to the states, he was jumping on the lid to a manhole and fell in, only to grip to the side for dear life until his Mom could save him. He was sitting against a mattress leaned up against a wall and fell back only to have several stitches (people still ask about this scar when sitting behind us in church). So, our histories are colorful and kind of funny when you think about them. That leads me to my offspring. He has had a set of staples so far and everything else has been "non emergent" but scary nontheless. So, that leads me to the photos. The first 2, you will notice a "uni brow" looking cut. The other night he fell asleep in my bed and as I was thinking "hmm..that would suck if he fell".. WHAM. He did. I think the mark is from my bedside table or could be my bed frame. The third and fourth of the photos show this "uni brow" along with a new black eye/bruise. He was wrestling around with D Saturday night and managed to hit his face on the ottoman. Poor guy. We call him our war vet. I just keep thinking that it's a good thing I have good medical insurance and we have met our deductible!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Oh, poor Isaak! He's still cute though!

Jessica Jo said...

This is making him tough, and I'm sure ready to be a rugby player, just like Pops! Maybe he should just wear a helmet and elbow pads until he's a teenager?