Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Slacker...Novel warning...

Ok, so I thought I would just pop in and tell you all how sorry I am for being such a blogging slacker. I'll admit, I read all of your blogs almost everyday and love it when you post new blogs. So, as I am sitting here enjoying myself, I look in the mirror and think.. gosh Jenn, you suck. So, here are some updates:
The boys are out for the summer. Hallelujah. No more getting the naughty boy up at the crack of dawn to be on time for school. Isy will start at "real" preschool just up the street in the fall. My sweetie is going to take the plunge and go full time next semester, luckily I'll be on maternity and won't have to worry about a babysitter. Potty training was going great until we had a set back a few weeks ago. That naughty little boy decided he didn't want to go in the toilet anymore. We are back on track, but boy, that threw me for a loopty loo.

That leaves me. Not much to report. I am still sick ALL OF THE TIME and really starting to get frustrated, angry, mad, frustrated, angry, mad.. etc. I know it's worth it and the sacrifice is why we women birth these babies, but seriously, sick for 9 straight months?? Not cool at all. I miss food, I miss wanting to do much of anything when I get home, I miss date nights, I miss spending time with Isaak outside of the house and not involving the couch in anyway. I miss my ankles and how cute my feet used to be. I miss my friends and being able to just "hang out" at random times, I miss sleeping on my back and I miss nestling on one side of my body to sleep and not having to flip every few minutes. So, to sum it all up, I miss normalcy.

I do have some things to focus on these next few months.. I get the opportunity to throw a fellow Granger alum and one of my best pals, Pam Nordfelt Thomas a baby shower and I can't wait to see everyone from the old days and laugh about our car chases, chalking escapades and sleepovers. My BFF Kim is gettin hitched and so, a bridal shower is in the works, by the way, her fiance Steve is outstanding and I couldn't ask for a better guy for my best girl! NKOTB are performing on the Today show on May 16th. Jenn from Hotlanta is coming to stay for a few weeks and I can't wait for the GNO's that we will have (considering the last time she was here I spent the night puking in the bathroom of the hotel- Sorry girls!) The 4th installment of the Twilight series is coming out-- can you say, hello EDWARD?? Me and the boys are going to St. George at the end of the month for work and I am really looking forward to lounging by the pool in my new maternity swimsuit. And finally, T minus 3 months until the yet to be named baby girl joins us. So, not all is lost for the summer.

That's about it folks. I'll try to do better and once I get my ghetto camera working again, I'll post some pics of the fam.

8 comments:

Sara said...

It sounds like you have a lot of good things coming this summer. It will be great when you can finally meet your little baby girl.

Natalie J said...

I enjoy reading your posts. I am sorry that you are still sick. I look for you at church every week on the off chance that you will be there in RS waiting for me to come sit with you and hold your hair back while you puke...j/k. When is #4 out (Twilight). I love it, love it, love it.

Jessica Jo said...

I am so glad you posted, I was beginning to worry, hence my phone call to you this afternoon! Call me! Love you :)

kristen said...

oh Jenn how I miss you! I am sorry you are still so sick, but jealous you only have 3 months left! I hope you start feeling better soon and enjoy your trip to st. george! Hang in there buddy!

Shalae said...

Hey Jenn,
Okay, I just noticed that you posted on my blog about a month ago. I'm so glad that you found me! It has been fun seeing your beautiful family! Congrats on the little girl, but that's NO FUN at all being sick! I'm sorry to hear that. I have like three weeks left until my newest little boy comes. Getting excited, yet I know it's going to be crazy at our house! I hope you don't mind me checking in on you when I get a chance from the craziness here in Vegas. Take care!
Shalae

Shylo said...

That is such a bummer that you are so sick....I really feel for you! It will be so worth it when she arrives though. I truly hate potty training so I feel for you there too. Here's hoping things get a little easier! :)

Kim said...

You have so much going on and in spite of it all you want to add one more thing...thanks for being such a good friend. We've been through so much together and I'm looking forward to so many things this year - that little girl is going to be so dang cute!

Jenn said...

Are you kidding me, that was still one of our most fun GNO's ever! Remember us, giggling like little girls in the middle of the night, deliriously tired, talking about what, exactly? I dunno, but that was FUN! I love you, Jenn. You are my hero. I'll see you soon.