Monday, August 25, 2008

The Stats...

So, Elsie had her 2 week appointment last week with Dr. McDreamy (for those of you who may have missed a previous post completely dedicated to Dr. Dimick, he's our pediatrician and I sort of have a slight crush on him....).. He said she is doing perfect and is completely healthy. She weighed in at 7 lbs 15 oz (she gained 15 oz in a week and 1/2- built like her mommy:) and is 21.3 inches long. So, that puts her in the 36% for weight and 79% for height. She did have to get her PKU done which was horrible- but luckily for me, Mom came with me (partly for support and partly to drool over McDreamy) and it was a tremendous help- props to Mom for continuing to take care of me! Love you!

Other than being a vampire baby (that's what I get for staying up to read "Breaking Dawn", she is a really good baby. She only fusses when she is hungry or tired, the rest of the time, she is very content. We are loving every minute of her!

Oh, and speaking of Breaking Dawn- dang is all I have to say. That Stephenie Meyer is fabulous!

8 comments:

TIDWELLS said...

ok so I think I am the only one not reading these vampire books. I guess I might have to start. I am glad all is well with you and the baby.. again she is soooooooooo cute.

Natalie J said...

I am glad she is getting big and is a content baby. I was laughing at the "Vampire baby". I LOVED Breaking Dawn. It is my fav of the 4. I finished it, Jason is reading it now. I am waiting for him to finish so that I can read it again. All us girls need to go see them movie in Dec when it comes out.

Nick, Sonja, Andrew, Madelyn, and Luke said...

Way to go Elsie! I hope you're healing well and are finally getting to eat again! I can't wait to see Elsie in person!

kim said...

Jen, this is Kim Watts (now North) from High School, I found your blog through Kim Knighton, anyways I just wanted to say congratulations on your new little one. She is beautiful.

Beth and Jess said...

I hate the PKU so sad. Glad she is strong and healthy and growing like a weed. She is a cutie.

Shylo said...

It is always nice to know that they are growing and you are doing everything right. She is so sweet.

Spencer family said...

How fun!!!! She is beautiful!! You sure know how to make them. I'm glad that your Dr. it so hot. It makes the trip to the Dr.'s that less painful. My Dr. looks like my brother. Which after I got passed that it was better. Best wishes for you little family!!!

Camie said...

She's so stinking cute! So...you're a Stephenie Meyer fan? Have you read the Host??