First.. The Queen Bee was blessed. What a beautiful experience. She slept the whole time (I secretly feel terrible for the parents of the babies that scream through their blessings).. We had amazing priesthood holders stand in the circle and it was amazing. Thanks to Gramma Leis for the dress, she looks like an angel!



Next-- we have the Ut state fair. This was my first experience with the fair. To be honest, the promise of caramel apples is what drew me there. We were lucky to go with my brother and his little family and our good friends the Larsen's. This was before they told us they were moving to Kentucky (weep, weep). Some of the highlights of the fair were:
*The many mullets we saw. The mullet people were truly living the dream, business in the front, party in the back.*The huge alligator we paid a buck a piece to see. I am not well versed in alligators, but "Big Al" must have diabetes, because that thing takes obesity to another level. Best buck we spent.
*The large yellow slide and the fact that the boys came down too fast for me to get a picture.
*Isy loving all of the animals. He pet them all (except the chickens which his Dad told him produced the chicken nuggets he had had for dinner.).. talk about trauma.
*Spending time with our family and friends and laughing hysterically at just about everything.
*And finally.. the delicious caramel apple. I can't say enough of the homemade caramel. I don't love Granny Smith apples and really, I think I am the only one that dreams of eating a caramel apple with a Gala or perhaps a Fuji, but dang, that apple was delish!



Isy demonstrating how to bet a cow & goat. Braxton not sure about the bunnies..



Checking out the beehives... "Big AL" Ter & Ben


No idea what he is doing... Steve, Summer & Davis
Up next, we have Ben's attempt to exterminate a beehive that was in my Mom's birdhouse. He came out of the bedroom donning my Dad's deer hunting shirt and his welder's mask. He proceeded to light some starter fluid on fire and burn the poor little things to bits. Isy was devastated that those bees could not continue living and make the honey he eats on his sandwiches. I tried to explain the circle of life, it didn't work. Good job Ben, thanks for the entertainment!



Finally, we have the wedding of one of my best gals in the world. Kim & Steve got married in the SL temple and it was amazing. The sealing was beautiful and boy, it was emotional! I love the feeling of being in the temple and being with my sweetie was such a great feeling. The weekend was filled with girls night outs and many, many hours of talking and laughing. Jenn was able to come out from Hotlanta to be there for the wedding.. and man, how I miss that girl! We have so much fun together and it is no wonder we were voted as "Most likely to remain friends" by our Senior year newspaper staff.. I love you Jenn and am glad we are BFF's!!!
Kim & Steve had a fabulous day, the reception was amazing, Kim looked AMAZING, I love both of their families dearly, and might I add, the pumpkin cheesecake was di-vine! It was good to see some old friends, but new blogging friends at the reception, cute Pam, Shawn & Jackson (I think he and the queen bee were meant for eachother), Kim Taylor Turk and her cute hubby & baby, it was soo good to see you! Neiko, Chris & Boston- I need some hair bows! The Jeters, it seems like the rafting trip was forever ago.. Joann- how cute are you? I still remember chasing your dog Max through the neighboorhood!
what a great day and I am so happy for the cute couple!



Coming out of the temple... Kim's family....... Jenn, Jenny, Kim, Me & Kellie

Just playing around..

6 comments:
Oh wowy wow wow! It is so neat to see so many faces from a whole decade ago! How beautiful you all look. Wow, thanks for posting that picture of you cute girls at the temple. You all look amazing.
Your little girl is a living doll, what a beautiful blessing dress, she looks unreal, what a sweet little baby!
Jenn, you just look so happy, I'm so happy for you. Seeing your face makes me really miss the old days, and miss you! Next time I'm in the great state of Utah, I'll have to see you!
Loves!
Jen you look amazing... You are so cute. I love the dress Qeen Bee is wearing she looks adorable. Lots of fun you have been busy.
I am glad your quen bee slept through her blessing!! I am 0 for 2 now so hopefully this next will be lucky like you! She is so gorgeous! I am so excited for you guys. Does Isakk just keep her in his pocket and never share her.....I sure would! :) Yes we need to hook up! When do you go back to work? eamil me. love ya
So much fun! I miss the state fair :( Love the pictures from Kim's wedding, I am so jealous you were able to be there. Lucky You!
MMMMMM I want a caramel apple.:)I love those things. You look fabulous and the wedding looked like it was beautiful. but no fair you get to see Pam I am ticked. :)
State fairs are the best place to people watch! Your little girl is so precious!
Post a Comment