Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Pumpkins, Dino's and Strep, OH MY!!

So, here is what we've been up to for the past week..

First, the pumpkin patch.. We are sad that the pumpkin patch we found last year is closing down to build houses (boo hoo).. so, this was the last year. So, the night ended with us picking fabulous pumpkins (which I failed to capture pictures of).. and we had a delicious meal from my good friends at Chick Fil A. It was my first trip to the District location and I was impressed. Fresh Cole Slaw, Nuggies, Waffle Fries hot out the grease.. mmm.. does it get better? Anyway, special thanks to Jill J (gina's friend) who carried the Queen bee around the pumpkin patch- snaps to Jill! Also, I need to give snaps to Gina for pushing the wheelbarrow, drinking her beverage and talking to us all at the same time. talk about multi taskin.. love you Gina Bina!






Gina & Spidey Braxton aka "munchie" Ben & Spidey


Me & Benny Ter,Munch & Me

Next.. we went to the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving point. I am pretty sure we are the only Utahns on the face of the earth that haven't been there.. but we finally made the trek down south and it was well worth it! We went with Levi & Linds, Ben, Ter & Munch and my mama.
Some Highlights were:
* The dino skeletons were huge! No Ben, that's not what she said.
* Spidey running around like a kid on crack.
* Spidey convinced that the cave had a bear, turns out it was just Grandma (see pic below)
*Spending time with my family, it's always a hootin hollerin good time!
*The "hands on" displays which lead to my strep episode (will be discussed shortly)
*The plaster dino tooth that Spidey demonstrated in his mouth and snaps to mamacita for spotting the 2 bucks.. best 2 bucks ever spent. And thanks to Ter for helping while I caught the experience on camera...
*Munchie's teeth growing in like a vampire and him constantly going "rarrrrr"
*Ending the night with coldstone.. delicious. Whoever thought up putting peanut butter in choco ice cream- GENIUS!
*Oh, and last but not least, my sweetie for taking care of the Queen Bee while we were enjoying our "jurassic" like experience.. Enjoy the pictures..



And finally, the strep incident. So, I woke up Monday morn to a motherloader sore throat. I thought, ok, no biggie.. I must be getting a cold. So, that night, I experienced the worst night of my life. Yes, worse than all of my Iv therapy, pregnancy sick, throwing up sick nights. While I have never swallowed a half dozen razor blades, when swallowing on this alleged night, this is what I would relate the experience to. I then progressed into sweats and then chills. At one point I wanted to turn on the ceiling fan (it was about 40 degrees outside), Superman (aka my hubby) thought I was seriously cracked. so, the next morn I headed to instascare to find out that indeed, I was infested with freaking strep throat. not cool. Not cool at all. I racked my brain trying to think of someone that would have spread the strep love to me, but couldn't think of anything but the "hands on" displays at the museum.. So, the MD gave me a shot in the ace and sent me on my way. I am finally feeling a bit better, thanks to some Ibu 8 hundeys and the slurpee I had last night. Turns out my sweet sister in law Linds has come down with this evil bug as well.. so, we are convinced some germy little cretin gave it to us from the museum. All in all, I have learned not to take my swallowing for granted. Not to take what little sleep I do get for granted. And finally, modern medicine, what would I do without penicillan??
Props to my Mom for taking care of us last night while I was dealing with my brush with death.. i owe ya lady!

7 comments:

Camie said...

I guess now we're really the only ones who haven't been....but due to the strep incident I think we'll wait awhile... Hope you're feeling fabulous soon!!

Eric and Allana said...

You crack me up! I hope you get better soon! MUAH!!

Spencer family said...

Now I know that it's not safe to leave the house!!! I'm so sorry to hear about you being sick. Moms just can't get sick!
At least you had fun before you got sick!

TIDWELLS said...

so sorry you have been sick. cute pictures though. sorry I have not emailed you back been crazy. I will figure out a day and see if it works with you love ya

Nickie said...

I'm sorry to hear about your illness, Rambo came down with that a couple weeks ago, it totally sucked.
I love the dino museum pics, too bad that's where you got your strep (I think that's what killed all the dinosaurs).
I love this time of year, we need to hit a pumpkin patch before Friday! I can't believe I've waited this long!
Your babies are darling, I love the comparison pictures, they are just beautiful! They had good parents to work with on that though!
Love you!

The Poulson's said...

You are having way too much fun to come back to work!
Those cute kids of yours are just adorable!

Shylo said...

I love the dino museum, that sucks you got sick though-thank goodness for modern medicine. Hope you are feeling totally better soon.