Thursday, April 2, 2009

T- MinuS 21 DayZ

I know, you are all thinking, welcome back Cotter! It has been a slight hiatus for me. My profuse apolgies to all of my faithful readers!



Just a random question.. who's from Oklahoma? On my sidebar I have visitors from Oklahoma and Canada.. Perhaps there are long lost friends reading my blog and I don't know about it..



Anyhooo...



These past few weeks have been full of snot, antibiotics, visits with Dr. Dreamy (no complaints there!) and some sleepless nights. It all started with Spidey coming down with Strep again. Then Pretty decided to get sick. We saw Dr. Dreamy and he confirmed bilateral ear infections.. Poor little girl! So, the whole family is on amoxicillan. What would we do without modern medicine?? Besides, I love the smell of the pink stuff! Everyone is on the mend now! YAY!!



Spidey had his 5 year check up this week. Can you believe he is 5? I am still shaking my head at the idea. He is 50 lbs. 48 inches- 90% for both. He has excellent eye sight & other than an ear infection (yes, in addition to the strep).. he's healthy as a horse. He LOVES Dr. Dreamy (can you blame him?).. and was so excited to see the Dr. It was a fabulous visit (for all involved!!) and it was even better because he got his shots last year.. so, no shots this time!



So, as I have previously mentioned, we are heading to sunny Mexico! We leave in just a little over 2 weeks. We haven't been on a trip alone since 9/11. Yes, 7 Years ago. It's been a long time coming! We are staying for 5 nights and 6 days and going with the most amazing 2 people ever!! I love my Camie!! Super is excited for the all inclusive resort which means- stuffing your face without shame. I on the other hand, am excited to sit on my beach chair next to my bff and read a good book- basking in the sweet sun!



The only dilemna is leaving the kids.. I know, we need it.. quality time together.. but missing 5 days and 6 nights in the lives of my kiddos sure makes me sad! They will be spoiled rotten by their Auntie Gina and Grandma and I couldn't ask for a better family to be so supportive and willing to sacrifice days off to spend time with my sweeties. It isn't going to be easy- but time will fly by and I'll come back nice and tan!

I would have added a nice picture of the beach and some sweet sun, but the picture uploader is having serious issues!

HAPPY FRIDAY!!

8 comments:

Camie said...

I LOVE MY JENN!!! And I can't wait!! It's gonna be AWESOME!

Trudie said...

We have like ideas of the perfect vacation. Give me sun, lounge chair and a stack of books!!

Marie said...

Hi I am Oklahoma. I lived in the Hunter 6th Ward,before moving. I have enjoyed your blog. I hope you don't mind that I follow it.

Katie said...

I'm Montana if you were wondering. Katie Atkinson-Matten. Kristy's friend from GHS. You crack me up!!

Jessica Jo said...

It's only hard to leave the kids until you are on the plane, then it's A-W-E-S-O-M-E! Have a fabulous time soaking up the sun! Miss you!

Shalae said...

Jenn . . . I am seriously jealous! It's been forever since I was there. I could use some R & R right about now. Have a fabulous time. The beaches there are so beautiful!

Beth and Jess said...

Mexico sounds lovely but I wish you were coming to Kauai!!!! I hate leaving my kids. Good luck with that. Its easier when you leave them with grandma though.

Heather said...

I am so jealous you two get some time away! Ken and I are lame and have yet to go away since having kids...one nighters don't count! We are saving up to visit Jess and boys in Japan. I'm so happy you and Duke get to be alone and have your kids in good company!