Did any of you sing that song at girls camp? I have it constantly stuck in my head. NO idea why.
This will be one of my more random posts. Also, pictureless. I know, I know. failure.
I can't find the dang camera cord. I have taken tons of pictures. Hospital adventures.. sister's birthday party in the waiting room of the 4th floor.. birthday party at Red Robin.. Hal Runkel (he get's his own post).. Man. I am behind. Camera cord.. oh camera cord.. where are you now?
You are all probably wondering about Pops. If you weren't.. you are now. right?
Dad is ok. He was admitted back to the hospital. Luckily, not the U. He is in an IHC hospital and getting amazing care. He apparently has fluid built up in a pocket between his chest wall and lungs. Also known as the pleural cavity. (bet you didn't know you would be getting an anatomy lesson!!) .. So, he is having this done:

Interesting eh? Maybe because I am a nerd it's interesting to me.
Anyhoo.. So, his spirits are good.. he is reading through our journal that we wrote in everyday and has definitely understood what we went through almost a month ago.
Next plan: Get the rest of the fluid drained. He has drained about the equiv. of 2 cups. They did a chest xray- he is half way there. So, we have 2 cups to go. He is still on O2 but, hopefully with the funk out.. his breathing will get better.
Plan after next plan: Get him back to detox (he was there less than 24 hours when his breathing and blood pressure dropped). Clean the opiates out.
Plan after next after next: "The ranch" . We have found this amazing rehab program that is funded solely by the LDS Church and Fast Offerings. I have vowed here and now to pay my fast offerings regularly. He stays in for 60 days. We can see him on Monday nights "fhe" and we have therapy sessions on Wednesdays. This girl def. needs therapy.
That's the update on pops. It's good to see him up and around and looking better. I am still really emotional around him and treasure every minute I get to spend with him.. even if it's watching golf or getting him a coke on ice. Worth every sec.
Baby sis is good. She is hilarious. Eating habits are a bit strange. Looks like she's trying to the YMCA or something .. throwing food around. So, I am reading this fab book that Care Bear let me borrow called : Child of Mine.. Such a good book!!
-- she's starting to "cruise".
-- Visit with Dreamy was fantastic. For both of us. She is 21.9 lbs. (55%) and 32 inches (98th).. girl is big. shots still suck.
-- Facing front in the car and in a new bigger car seat.
-- still has her bink. I have waited until the crisis calms to snatch that. That wrath won't be pretty.
-- Got some amazing gifts for her birthday from everyone. Her first baby from cuz Hail and Auntie Cork has been a hit! She just likes to make out with her. I know, I know.. i'll address that lata.
-- Has an ear infection. Yep, mother of the year, yet again! Doesn't like the antibiotics but luvs her motrin.
Spidey is starting Kindy week after next. Weird. Orientation was chaos. the most exciting part was hanging with Heather & Ange. They are the coolest girls in the world! Thanks for making me laugh girls!! Next on the docket-- new school clothes, backpack & shoes.
Super is starting his night classes next week. So, Monday is day 1 of working days. Weird. In 6 years, we haven't been home in the evenings together. It will be a welcome change!! Can't wait!!
Ok== the novela is done for now. I am grateful for all of you. Your comments, thoughts, prayers, meals, babysitting, etc. I love you. What would I do without you? I love this quote.. I think it says it best: "Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget."
To my family: Wow... it's been a wild ride. we aren't even close to being finished. I couldn't have made it without you. Your strength, your love.. your jokes .. your smiles.. your friendship. You Da BOMB!

5 comments:
Yay! Lots and lots of happy things!! I hope the plan & then the plan & then the other plan all go according to plan. Love ya!
Great post Jen. I personally LOVED the "anatomy" lesson! I'm glad to hear your dad's doing better for now and I think that's great that you guys did a family journal for him to read -brilliant idea. I've been wondering how things were going, my computer was down for awhile, so it's good to be back in the swing of things. We'll continue our prayers.
Jen I am so glad your dad is doing good. We will continue to pray for you guys. I am glad the kids and you are good to they are so cute. Happy Birthday to your baby girl I cant believe how fast time goes. love ya...
It's good to catch up on your blog. What a cute family you have.
I'm so glad to hear your dad is doing better! I've been anxiously waiting! Hope it continues to get better! Take Care-
Post a Comment