Thursday, January 14, 2010

Whenever I feel like exercise, I lie down until the feeling passes.


The treadmill and I have always had a Hate/Hate relationship. I used to hate it and still do. I should probably explain my disdain:

Let me set the stage- I am 21. Hot to trot right? On the treddy at Gold's. I am totally into a Mary Higgins suspense thriller.. walking .. walking........... BAMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!

Right off the back. Oh, yes, my friends .. Fell on my ace. It was horrific. The guy next to me hit that HUGE RED button- and it stopped. All i could think was sonuva..

ANyhoo.. I have decided it's time to get it together.. I need to get healthy. My poor heart looks like a giant whoppa.

This week I did a routine with some crazy/zippy lady On Demand. It was mediocre. The next night- I decided to break out the treddy. We had a "come to Jesus" meeting, I got on.. didn't fall off and actually enjoyed myself.

I weighed myself- 1 pound down- 2fitty to go.

So, the purpose of this post is to get some workout song ideas.. Here is what I have:

TPain
Bey-once
NkotB
John Legend
Everclear
Some of the Step Up and Step Up2 Soundtracks..

I need to spice up the music.. Obviously reading is out on the treddy- and I can't just look around the whole time - so, HeLp!!

On a random note- I forgot to pick up Spidey from "early" day today at school & my daughter had a medicine syringe in her diaper.

Mother of the year. Peace out.

18 comments:

Natalie J said...

Ok. I am looking for some workout stuff too. So far, there are a few Natasha Bedingfield that I like, some Lady Gaga (although I try not to listen to the words, beat's good), Postal Service, Killers, Charlz Barkley, etc. I know we have some different tastes in music, but if it got a beat, it's good.

Great job staying on the treadmill!! See you Sat!

Brynn said...

"you can do it, put your back into"
I have no idea who sings that song, but I like it when I run. There is a line "life ain't a track meet, it's a marathon" that gives me a boost ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I need to get my cheeks running again also. I don't know why I'm in such a funk lately. A lot of Pinks songs gear me up. I usually just shuffle whatever's on my ipod. Let's do it together...believe me I have many "come to Jesus" moments!

Tanya said...

justin timberlake, jlo, david archuleta, natasha beddingfield, coldplay, mo tab(just kidding, but cody has it on his ipod)...i'll keep thinking.

Ahlquist Family said...

Jenn, I just love you! You crack me up every time I read your blog. I thought I was mom of the year, so I guess we will have to toss a coin. I love Black Eyed Peas and Fergie. I don't remember if you had those on your list, but there you have it!

kim said...

You make me laugh. I hear ya on everything from the hate/hate relationship with the treadmill (I secretly want to be a runner, but I hate to exercise to much), to the motherhood moments that make you think "what kind of mother am I". You are a very normal mother, we've all forgotten our kids or looked over to see them doing something totally no,no, I found Ava after she had eaten a whole thing of strawberry kiwi chapstick yesterday. She was begging for water.

Beth and Jess said...

you never cease to make me laugh. good luck with the getting healthy!!! My children have never let me forget the ONE time I left them at school on early day. (I was on the phone with Pam oops)

pam said...

Jenn, Jenn, Jenn! I LOVE YOU, GIRL! You are so funny! I SO want to be like you! I am sitting here laughing so hard right now! I LOVE YOU! Okay, songs. I'm a little embarrassed to name a few but then again, not really, because they totally help me to keep running. (Which, by the way, I haven't been running for A VERY LONG TIME. But I'm going tomorrow to find out how much a membership is. I have got to get on the treadmill myself. My clothes don't fit. Seriously. And my "just had a baby" excuse isn't really valid anymore.) Okay, back to the songs.
Hips Don't Lie - Shakira
Irreplacable - Beyonce
Fighter - Christina Aguilera
Girls Just Want to Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper
Survivor - Destiny's Child
Fidelity - Regina Spektor
I Wanna Dance With Somebody - Whitney Houston

And the number 1 embarrassing song that I LOVE to run to:
Ice Ice Baby - By none other than VANILLA ICE!

LOVE YOU! (Sorry this was so long. I could have my own post!)

Corky said...

HILARIOUS!! I'm proud of you girl! I'm starting up my blog so you'll have to join and post updates of your progress to keep everyone motivated!
As for the musica:
Dirty - Christina Aguilera (my nemesis, but a good song!)
Kris Kross - Jump
Physical - Olivia Newton John

Kiersti said...

3 words....Black Eyed Peas.
Nuff said.
Good luck.

Lindsay said...

I'm dying!! How did the syringe get there!!! Hahahahahaha! Can't stop. I listen to Amish music according to Clay, so I'm not going to dole out any advice on that subject. Good luck making peace with the treadmill! Oh-we are playin' tonight!!! Wee!

Melissa said...

Hey Jen!
You are hilarious! Good job exercising.....I love the mom moments. Syringe in the diaper is hilarious!

Sandy said...

How about some Su-Bo?
(Susan Boyle) lol

Nickie said...

You are so hilarious! I totally miss you woman. And you ARE mother of the year, just cuz there was a syringe in the diaper psh, that's nothin' if it ain't got crack in it-no pun intended! HA!!
Okay, onto important things like music I heart Avril Lavign's Girlfriend song, and I love The way I are by Timbaland, and Gold Digger (hate the man not the music right?) tons of foo fighters I love to run to them, and actually some pearl jam, and depeche mode can get you goin' too.
Okay, there's a few from me. If I think of any more I'll let you know.
I love you!

Nick, Sonja, Andrew, Madelyn, and Luke said...

Holy cow Jenn, the syringe in Elsie's diaper made me laugh way too hard! That's awesome. I need good workout music too!

Eric and Allana said...

You're killin' me smalls!! You are constantly making me laugh!! Do you have a gym membership?

Kim said...

I love you Jenn!! You seriously crack me up... I have been a little slackish on my blog reading and am catching up! I have loved all of your posts this month. I especially love this one - way to go...that treadmill can be deadly but I'm hoping mine can save me too. I love working out to all the ZUMBA music - love Cascada, Daddy Yankee...also love some Black Eyed Peas and old school Bon Jovi!

Rachel said...

Oh Jenn, I love you! LOVE LOVE the comic, hilarious!
You can always make me laugh with your posts, thanks for the entertainment!